Thursday, January 29, 2009

Anna Netrebko on the New York Post, 29. Jan 2009

The New York Post has published an article written by Barbara Hoffman about Anna Netrebko, after she has been visiting the Russian diva at her Manhattan apartment near Lincoln Center.

Anna talks about her last performances in Paris in Bellini's I Capuleti e I Montecchi, how her life changed after giving birth to her son Tiago on 5. September 2008 and her return to the Met stage to sing, for first time on this stage, the title role of Donizetti's Lucia di Lammermoor, stepping in the same role two great sopranos - Natalie Dessay and Diana Damrau - had just done before.

Anna comments also about how difficult was to getting back into shape after giving birth to her son Tiago, especially with a freezer full of ice cream. "It's forbidden," she laughs. "I'm also drinking a leetle, but not as much as I used to!". Lucky she lives with her personal trainer. "My husband is working me out two or three hours almost every day, and he's really kicking me!" she says. "I have just the belly - the rest of it is OK." She raises her Escada skirt to reveal a glamorous set of gams. "See?" she says. "The legs are still the same!"
"Solo goes trio" by Barbara Hoffman - New York Post, 29. January 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...